How we're keeping everyone safe
We’re taking every precaution for your safety, as well as our staff.
During this difficult time, we want you to know that we’re here to take the hassle away from getting a new boiler installed or repaired. Trust us when we say we’re doing everything in our power to get to you and make sure you have heating & hot water – especially anyone in dire need.
If you’ve had boiler troubles and need a new boiler, or you’ve been thinking about replacing but haven’t gotten around to it yet, we would highly recommend you get a new boiler installed as soon as physically possible. Government’s advice is constantly changing & updating so we don’t know how long we’ll be able to offer our service to you.
When booking a survey/install, our team will be in touch to make sure you or a member of the household aren’t currently suffering from coronavirus symptoms, and that you haven’t been to any highly affected countries recently.
Please be open and honest with us and let us know if you’ve:
- Been diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Been asked to self-quarantine
- Visited any of the following countries in the last 14 days: Italy, Iran, China, South Korea, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan
- Got a cough/fever/cold or any transferrable sickness
We’re taking every safety precaution we can when installing your boiler because we want to make sure you’re warm and safe during this challenging time - if you’re working from home, we want to make sure you keep warm and stay cosy until things get better.
To protect our customer & engineers during a boiler installation:
- A risk assessment will be carried out before entering the home.
- We will thoroughly clean any surface around the workspace, before and after installation
- Our engineers will wear disposable work gloves & masks.
- No handshake on arrival and will stay at least 6 foot away from any person at a time.
- Any engineers who have symptoms will not be working and will self-isolate.
This is an unpredictable time for everyone, and the situation is changing daily. We’ve taken these precautionary steps to prove we are committed to protecting the health and safety of our people, our customers and our communities. We want to maintain our business operations to ensure customers receive the highest quality service without disruption.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Business Continuity Plan
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has a serious impact on people's daily lives and business operations across the world. Our COVID-19 policy focuses on measures to protect the health of our people and customers. In our actions and measures, we follow the guidance from the government and the health authorities, we have therefore taken specific measures in light of the coronavirus outbreak.
Our COVID-19 measures include:
- All our people who can work from home are now working from home
- Our offices are currently staffed with small teams to ensure performance of business critical support – they are also spread out at least 6 foot from each other.
- Surveyors have been issued with gloves & masks for any home surveys, but our team will always ask for a video survey first to reduce social contact.
- When installing a boiler our engineers will wipe down any and all surfaces with an antibacterial spray that they have touched and make little to no contact with yourself in the home.
While working from home, our people have secure remote access to all our systems and processes. In addition, we currently strongly discourage face-to-face meetings and business travel - instead, we will meet virtually for a videoconference.
NHS advice - how to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus
- Work from home, if you can
- Avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- Avoid events with large groups of people
We are regularly reviewing the government advice regarding COVID-19 and we remain committed to supporting you with the highest level of service. Should you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 61 22 302 to speak to our customer service team.
Page updated 19th March 2020.