New Combi Boiler Guide
Combi boilers are undoubtedly more efficient and reliable than standard boilers of the past. Having a new model fitted can seem a large task; choosing the brand, working out the costs and finding a gas safe engineer to have it fitted.
We have simplified this process for you with our ultimate guide to new combi boiler fitting and replacement.Get a new combi boiler
What is a combi boiler?
A combi boiler (short for combination boiler) is a combination (the clue is in the name!) of a water heater and central heating boiler together in one compact unit.
They are now the most popular type of boiler fitted in homes across the UK. This is not only because of their compact design, but for being a lot more energy-efficient, eco-friendly and can keep your house warmer for longer!Get a new combi boiler
How much is a new combi boiler UK?
When looking for a boiler replacement, one of the first things you will consider is exactly how much will it cost? Whether you’re looking for the cheapest boiler replacement available or to invest in a high-quality brand that will give you peace of mind and longevity; we have broken down the costs for you.
New boilers can indeed be expensive but should be seen as an investment in making your home a more comfortable and indeed safer space to live in.
The cost of a new boiler can also be made less overwhelming with our payment plans, which offer customers flexible ways to pay for top-rated boiler brands. From interest free to Buy Now Pay Later - allowing you to spread the cost over a more manageable period.
Average cost of new combi boiler package
With absolutely no hidden extras and your warranty comes as standard.
NO deposit from
Per month 6.9% APR Representative*
Your new boiler package includes
- Up to 10 year warranty
- Flue kit worth up to £100 RRP
- Magnetic filter worth up to £100 RRP
- Web-enabled wireless thermostat
- A chemical system flush
- Expert installation by a gas safe registered engineer
- All fixtures, fittings and safety checks
|Item value (Cash price)||£1,549|
|Total amount of credit||£1,549|
|Agreement duration||120 months|
|Annual rate of interest||6.9% P.A|
|Representative APR||6.9% APR|
|120 monthly payments||£17.74|
|Total amount payable||£2,128.73|
Who can apply for finance
- Applicant must be 18 years or older on application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of 3 years
Fulfil one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment (for a minimum of 16 hours a week)
- Retired from regular employment
Not working through disability
- Self employed
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history.
Advantages of a new combi boiler
There are many reasons why combi boilers are the most popular choice nowadays.
The benefits of opting for a combi include:
- They heat water instantly, which reduces water wastage making them more cost-effective.
- They are faster: Combi’s heat water directly from the mains on demand.
- Powering your shower with a combi boiler means you no longer require a separate shower pump. This saves a lot of money and is also more reliable than a general shower pump.
- There are lots of size options for a combi; meaning smaller homes can choose a more compact design,
- There is less pipework which makes installation costs less expensive.
- Cold water from combi boilers (your cold tap water) is guaranteed safe to drink.
- As water comes straight from the mains, they are less likely to develop pressure problems. Sludge is also not as much of a concern for this reason.
Things to consider before buying a new combi
With so much choice available, you can be left wondering which combi brand or variety is best for your home?
Before buying, make sure to consult our new boiler buying guide. It takes you through all the considerations you should make before diving in and purchasing a new combi unit.