At Boiler Plan UK we understand the importance of protecting your privacy and we are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. We aim to deliver a first-class service and that service also applies to how we collect and store your data.
In this policy, we outline what information we collect from you and for what purpose. We encourage you to take the time to read this policy and please contact us if you have questions relating to this policy and/or the information we hold about you using the contact details below.
This policy and notice does not form part of any agreement or contract and may be updated at any time.
Sources of personal data
We collect personal information relating to you directly from you through website enquiries/form completions and through direct communication with you via telephone or email. If you are a customer of one of our service partners, your contact details including any policy details will be shared with us so we can contact you to complete the scheduled work as per our contractual agreements.
Our lawful bases for processing your data
We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
• To comply with relevant legislation and regulations
Our purposes for processing your data
• Performing the contract that we have entered in to with you by providing you with the products and services that you have ordered
• To provide you with a quote and the details of all available payment methods when you have shown an interest in our products and services
• To issue marketing material to you about the products and services we offer
• To process a finance application for you
Sensitive personal data
We do not store any sensitive personal data, such as medical conditions/records, payment details or financial circumstances.
Who has access to your data
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the contract we have entered into you with you, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Recipients of your data may include third-party service providers, other related business entities, a regulator, or to otherwise comply with the law.
If you choose to fund your purchase with us using one of the finance products we offer to our customers as a credit broker on behalf of lenders, we will share your data with the relevant lender so they are able to process your finance application.
Where we do so, we will require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a legitimate business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Data collection from our website
We collect and store all information collected via our website forms that are submitted to us by yourself. These forms are submitted to receive a quotation, call back, text or email information or general information about our products and services. We record all the details you have supplied to us including:
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Property type, number of bedrooms/bathrooms
• Existing boiler information and central heating system type
• Information captured at the point of enquiry via the website, telephone and email to help us assist with your enquiry with us.
We use this information to provide you with accurate information about the services you have requested from us, we may contact you via telephone, email, SMS or instant messenger to offer further assistance regarding your enquiry. We will keep a record of your quotation in case you return to make a purchase from us.
Cookies are stored on your computer’s hard drive and cannot be used to identify you personally as they contain no personal information.
For more information about our website and marketing cookie usage, please see our Cookies Policy.
Data collected post website
Outside of the website we also collect and record information relating to your boiler installation, service, repair, cover plan policy and the quotations provided including notes of any calls or email communication. We only keep the information we need to process and fulfil our service to you. We do not store any information relating to your payment details or finance application. Post-installation, service or repair we will record information about your installation and buying method such as:
• Installation details
• Service details
• Repair details
• Cover plan details
• Boiler type and serial number
• Warranty period
• Purchase price
• Any additional products you have purchased from us
• Method of payment – finance or cash payment (we never store your payment details or information relating to your finance application)
• Any notes regarding your installation, service, repairs process or cover plan.
We will contact you to make arrangements for your boiler services to confirm essential information via telephone and email. Our customer service team will also call you post-installation to make sure you are happy with the service you’ve received from us. We will keep data relating to previous and existing customers for up to 6 years from the date our service relationship ends for tax purposes.
Who we share your personal details with
In accordance with UK safety regulations, we will register your boiler with the Gas Safe Register. To do this, we provide them with the following information:
• Installation date
• Boiler type
• Details of the installation
In order to activate your free boiler warranty, we will register your boiler with the manufacturer by sharing the following information:
• Installation date
• Boiler Type
• Boiler serial number
How we decide how long to retain your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or contractual requirements or if we think there is a legitimate interest in our on-going products and services.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and any applicable legal or contractual requirements.
Further communication from us
We will call and/or text, email you about the products and services you have shown an interest in so that we can provide you with further information and offer further assistance.
We will send you transactional emails in relation to the services you have requested from us, for example, boiler installation/service/repair quotation, or confirmation of a survey appointment. If you have opted-in to receive information about Boiler Plan’s additional products and services or newsletters you may receive from time to time marketing emails about our services that we think you will be interested in. Please check what permissions you give us at the time of supplying your details to us.
Of course, you can opt-out of these emails at any time by either clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email (at the bottom of this email) - by doing this your subscription status will be updated within 24hrs. You can also contact us via the contact details below and request to be removed from any communications and this will be actioned within 5 working days.
We will not sell on your details to any third parties without your explicit permission. You can ask us to stop using your details or make a request to access the information we store about you (your right under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)) by emailing us at email@example.com. We will provide you with the information we hold about you within one month and no charge will be made for this.
You have the right to:
• Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information that we hold.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you if you believe it is incomplete or inaccurate
• Request erasure of your personal information in specific circumstances, such as; if our processing of your personal information is based upon legitimate interests and you believe it is no longer necessary; or if you believe we have processed your personal data unlawfully or not for the purposes which it was intended.
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on these grounds.
• Request to restrict the processing of your personal information in specific circumstances, such as; you have requested that your personal information is corrected and want to restrict processing whilst we correct it; where you believe our processing is unlawful but do not want us to erase your personal information; where we no longer need to store your personal information but you require us to do so to enable you to exercise or defend a legal claim.
• Data Portability in particular circumstances meaning that you can request for your personal information to be securely moved, copied or transferred from our IT environment to another. This only applies if our lawful basis for processing your data is consent or performance of a contract, and we are processing your data by automated means.
If you believe we have not complied with your rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner by visiting their website https://ico.org.uk/. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us on 0800 61 22302 or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy notice via email to email@example.com or in writing to FAO: The Data Controller, Boiler Plan, Unit 11 Easter Park, Baker Road, Cramlington, NE23 1WQ.
We understand that on occasion we may not get things right first time and should this happen we would like you to tell us so we can put things right as quickly as possible. You can view our complaints procedure here. You can contact us about your complaint on 0800 61 22 302 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After trying to resolve your complaint through our Boiler Plan Complaints Procedure, should you feel that you do not have a satisfactory resolution you have the right to raise your complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) or the Financial Ombudsman Service for financed repayment plan complaints (www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk).
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The Company reserves the right to update this privacy notice at any time. You can request the most up to date version from us at any time by contacting us on the contact details below.
How we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring your personal information is kept secure and confidential. We do not sell on any information we collect onto third parties. We securely store your information in accordance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
How to Request, Delete or Amend your data
We take your data very seriously at Boiler Plan UK. If you'd like to update, remove or understand what data we hold of yours please fill in this form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
We require you upload appropriate identification so we can process your request lawfully. Passport, drivers license or an ID card are acceptable.